This morning Shelby left for a business meeting in North Carolina. This is her first business trip by herself in several years and the first time she has entrusted me with Eli's care. So far, so good. He woke up at the normal time, took a cup of milk, ate breakfast, went on a nature walk, played around the house, and took a good nap. Triscuit is getting into the spirit of the week and has been more protective than usual - he even jumped up on Eli's chaise as I set him down to a nap! This afternoon I will take Eli to the zoo and then to my soccer game, where he will be watched by our babysitter. A busy day, but hopefully he won't register too much disappointment about mom's absence.
Today also marks the start of a particularly busy stretch for us. After Shelby gets back from North Carolina late on Wednesday, we are together until next Saturday, when I leave for a week in Paris. After I return on Thursday night, we turn around for a week in Boston two days later. The last trip might be the hardest because we have to pack for Eli.
Eli is now starting to walk with assistance and make noises that sound suspiciously like words. His first unassisted steps could come any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment