Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Paradise by the bedroom nightlight

Though it's about 10 PM, I'm just catching my second wind from the day. Eli still likes to explore the after hours scene, so we don't get too much sleep. This morning I took advantage and went to the gym. I thought I was doing pretty good until I got home, iced my ankle, and promptly fell asleep for an hour and a half. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the house, Shelby and Eli were catching some sleep of their own. Eventually we decided it would be a good idea to get up (actually, I think Eli raised the motion by crying for food). 

We took him to the pediatrician and learned that Eli gained two ounces since Sunday. The doctors and nurses thought this was outstanding, and Shelby felt validated that her feeding hasn't been in vain! Oh, and then we all took another 2-3 hour nap. But for thirty blissful minutes after waking up, I was able to function pretty normally! Until the next wave of fatigue settled in. 

One interesting tidbit from the first week with Eli is that our eating schedules have been completely hijacked. Today I ate three meals at roughly the right time, but most days this week I've either (1) missed a meal or two or (2) fallen asleep right after eating. Thanks to the great help from our friends and neighbors who have brought us food, there really aren't any good reasons why we've missed meals, except that we're routine people who don't find it natural to eat breakfast at 11 in the morning. 

In today's geeky diversion, I've been tracking usage of the blog for the last week. Save for one visit from Georgia/Ukraine (hi Adam, stop fomenting unrest!), all our visits have come from people in the US. Here is a map of where:

 

We also got to dress Eli in Madison's most fashionable hippie garb (thanks Roger and Mari!)



We spent some nice time on the couch together today, when both Dave and Eli were awake:



But then we gave Eli his first bath since coming home from the hospital. He wasn't so keen on that.



1 comment:

Rex Choi said...

mark me down for vegas since I'm visiting your site while down here for the VMWorld conference. :)